What are my plea options?
You have the option of 3 pleas:
- Guilty: Admitting guilt to the violation. A forfeiture (amount due) will be ordered by the court and you may be given up to 60 days to pay the ticket.
- No Contest: A statement indicating that you do not wish to contest the charge. The Judge must find you guilty upon a no contest plea, but the plea cannot be used as evidence against you if there is a civil suit for damages (i.e., if you have been in a property damage accident).
- Not Guilty: Indicates you would like to contest the citation. If a not guilty plea is entered the matter will be scheduled for a pretrial conference at a later date to meet with the Assistant City Attorney and discuss the matter privately.

Show All Answers

1. What if my Driver's License is suspended?
2. How do I get a copy of the accident report?
3. What are my plea options?
4. How do I enter my plea?
5. How do I get a copy of the police report?
6. What do I do if I just want to pay my ticket?
7. How do I contact Municipal Court?
8. Do you accept checks?
9. Where is Municipal Court located?
10. Can I pay cash for a fine?