News and Notes
1) FEES HAVE ADJUSTED at the Drop-Off Center beginning January 1st, 2021. For more information, scroll down or see the Drop-Off Center Information Sheet (PDF) for details.
2) Please see document outlining current policies for the Drop-Off Center in regard to the COVID-19 pandemic: Drop-Off Center COVID-19 Policies
3) The Waukesha County HAZARDOUS WASTE program will next be in the City of Waukesha the second and fourth Saturdays of April from 8 a.m. to 12 noon. Call 262-896-8300 or visit www.waukeshacounty.gov/hazardouswaste for more information and to learn about new COVID-19 related policies.
4) The City of Waukesha will host our next TVs/Electronics/Appliances drop-off event on Saturday, April 3rd, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. TVs/E-Waste/Appliances Event Flyer
5) The Drop-Off Center is "Now Hiring" for part-time workers. If you have a desire to work in service for your community in a challenging part-time role, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/waukesha to submit an application.
*****A message about reducing waste during these challenging and stressful times*****
Despite the incredible circumstances in our community, country and worldwide, it is still within our control to minimize the amount of extra waste generated and discarded. Extra garbage does not have to be automatic even in the current circumstances.
Indeed it is still possible - and perhaps more important than ever - to practice good waste habits and not generate unnecessary waste. Waste comes with a high cost - both financially and environmentally for all of us.
We can still Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in these times (in that order). Waste reduction has always been a matter of mindfulness and intentional action to consume and discard of materials sustainably.
This is important for our community. Thank you for being mindful of your unnecessary extra waste at this time (and always).
Welcome to the Drop-Off Center...don't call it "the dump"!
This center is for City of Waukesha residents, not all of Waukesha County, except for some recyclable items. See below.
- Yard materials
- Landfill trash from City of Waukesha home projects (no weekly garbage!)
- The center is for City of Waukesha residents (not the "county dump").
- Only City of Waukesha residents may dispose of yard material or accepted landfill trash materials (and these materials must come from within the City of Waukesha).
- Any Waukesha County resident may dispose of recyclables at the site (cardboard, paper, bottles, cans, scrap metal, used oil/antifreeze, cooking oil).
- Cash and Check are the only forms of payment accepted.
- Exact payment is strongly encouraged and appreciated.
Household Hazardous Waste Information (Waukesha County Program)
The location of this collection is NEXT to the normal Drop-Off Center - it is a different entrance. They set up in the garage in the back of the old incinerator. Residents should NOT enter the normal Drop-Off Center to access hazardous waste. There is a separate entrance about 100 yards south at the old incinerator building.
For information regarding the schedule, the complete list of items accepted, and general questions, please click here for the Waukesha County Household Hazardous Waste website. Or, call 262-896-8300.