Cool School Before and Afterschool Programming
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEARPlease note: The Before and Afterschool program follows the School District of Waukesha calendar and in-school session days/times. Any changes made by the School District of Waukesha in-session calendar may result in changes to our program offerings.
Commitment to SafetyWe will follow all orders issued by our Federal, State and Local Government. The offerings, policy and programs are subject to change at any time pending Government Orders.
Cool School Recreation and Enrichment Programming
- Before and After School programs are held at Banting, Bethesda, Hawthorne, Heyer, Hillcrest, Lowell, Prairie, Randall, Rose Glen and Whittier Elementary schools.
- Before School Programs available starting at 7:00 am (6:45 am at Randall)
- After School programs begin directly after school until 6:00 pm.
- 4K - Early Childhood
- Ages 4 and 5-year-olds (must be enrolled in the selected site's 4-year-old kindergarten) and up (Randall site must be in 5-year-old kindergarten and up) Programming is not available on Fridays for 4K students. Tuition remains the same as we keep a 10:1 ratio in our 4K program M-Th.
- Please consider the length of day for young students in 4K and Kindergarten when enrolling in both before and afterschool programming. We have found our younger students perform best when they participate in either before or afterschool and not both.
- Due to the nature of our Recreation and Enrichment Before and Afterschool program and School Day Off program activities we require all participants be toilet trained and independent with all bathroom needs
- Registration Information
- Required Forms
- Tuition & Deadlines
- Payment Plans
- Early Release Days
- School Day Off
- Financial Assistance Information
- Inclement Weather/School Closing
Required Forms and Handbooks
Child Information Form – Complete a child information form for each individual student registered. It is imperative that this form is completed with all required information listed and kept up-to-date.
Authorized to Administer Medication Form- This form is only required if our staff will administer medication while student is in our program. Please read our Policy on Administering Medication Policy in our Participant Handbook prior to completing this form.
Parent Handbook – Please read this manual entirely. Information regarding our Recreation and Enrichment Before and Afterschool Program and School Day Off Program will be highlighted in this handbook.
Registration Form (complete if you are registering month by month) Please see the tuition schedule below to ensure your student is registered each month. We do not send invoices. Late fees will be administered to those not paid by the registration deadline.
Cool School Tuition and Registration Deadlines
Monthly tuition and registration deadlines are listed in the table below. We highly encourage a Payment Plan (Automatic Payment Schedule) for tuition. Families wishing to register month-by-month must adhere to the registration and payment deadlines to avoid interruption in care. Payment is due each month as per the date stated below. Failure to register and pay tuition by the deadline will result in a $10.00 late fee per child, per program.
We will not provide programming for your child if they are not registered for the month. Due to the safety of students, if your child is not on our roster, we will not be able to receive them from school. They will remain in the school office and a school administrator will contact you for immediate pick up.
Banting, Bethesda, Hawthorne, Heyer, Hillcrest, Lowell, Prairie, Rose Glen & Whittier
Online credit card Payment Plans (Automatic Payment Schedule) are available for before/afterschool. Families may register online for the full school year (or desired months) and select "Automatic Payment Schedule" for each registration (September payment is required at time of registration). You will be prompted to provide payment information to set up your payment account. Payments are automatically charged on the due date for each month. A receipt will be emailed once your credit card is charged. It is your responsibility to login to your online account to update your payment account, or notify our WPRF office for all lost, stolen, changes or expired cards at (262) 524-3737. Declined payments will result in a $10 late fee for that month.
You may cancel your registration and opt out of the payment plan any time throughout the year by submitting a written letter of withdrawal to the department. Withdrawal letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 1900 Aviation Dr., Waukesha, WI 53188.
A paper Payment Plan is still available for those who would prefer that method. Please contact the office at (262) 524-3737 or at email@example.com to request the form.
Payment Plan Schedule
|Month||Due Date||Month||Due Date||Month||Due Date|
|September:||At registration||October:||September 20||November:||October 20|
|December:||November 20||January:||December 20||February:||January 20|
|March:||February 20||April:||March 20||May/June:||April 20|
Additional Month-to-Month Payment Plan Options:
- Register Online HERE
- Mail In: Complete the single registration form, include payment and mail to WPRF, 1900 Aviation Dr., Waukesha, WI 53188
- 24-Hour Drop Box: Complete the single registration form, include payment and drop off at 1900 Aviation Dr., near the flagpole.
- Email In: Complete the registration form, email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an emailed response indicating your registration has been entered. You will then have 3 business days to call the office at (262) 524-3737 to make payment over the phone, or login to your online account to make payment. The registration is considered "complete" once payment is received.
- Walk In: Register in person at 1900 Aviation Dr. during business hours of Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, or in person at the Schuetze Recreation Center (1120 Baxter St.) Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm.
Early Release Days
The School District of Waukesha is planning 3 early release days. Students are dismissed from school 2 hours early. WPRF Cool School will provide care beginning at the early release time (for Afterschool participants only) and the fee is applied to the following days, October 27, February 17 and May 27. The fee is already included in the Afterschool monthly tuition.
| Dates, Locations and Themes for Day Off Program|
|Thursday, October 28||Fall Ball||Hawthorne|
|Friday, October 29||Festive Fall||Hawthorne|
|Wednesday, November 24||Giving Thanks||Hawthorne|
|Thursday, December 23||Happy Holidays||Hawthorne|
|Monday, December 27||Recycled Reused Masterpiece||Hawthorne|
|Tuesday, December 28||Art Antics||Hawthorne|
|Wednesday, December 29||Mad Scientist||Hawthorne|
|Thursday, December 30||Happy 2022||Hawthorne|
|Monday, January 17||Games Through the Decades||Hawthorne|
|Monday, January 24||Winter Sports||Hawthorne|
|Friday, February 18||Movie Mayhem||Hawthorne|
|Monday, March 21||Forest & Fairytales||Hawthorne|
|Tuesday, March 22||Brewers & Badgers||Hawthorne|
|Wednesday, March 23||Neon 1990's||Hawthorne|
|Thursday, March 24||Sports of all Sorts||Hawthorne|
|Friday, March 25||Build Your Garden||Hawthorne|
|Friday, April 15||Spy Day||Hawthorne|
|Monday, April 18||Field Day Fun!||Hawthorne|
Inclement Weather and School Closings
WPRF Cool School follows the direction of the School District of Waukesha during inclement weather closings. When school is cancelled in the early morning hours (before students arrive), we will not hold before or after programs. When the school district cancels activities in the afternoon and students are already at school, we will continue to operate programming, however, strongly encourage parents/guardians to pick up students immediately following the end of the school day. This is to ensure that all staff and families can get home safely.
Important Registration Reminders:
Late Fee: Payment is due each month as per the dates stated above, the 20th of each month prior. Failure to register and pay tuition by the deadline will result in a $10.00 late fee per child, per program, this includes payment plan credit card declines.
For those utilizing the payment plan, it is your responsibility to login to your online account to update your payment account, or notify our WPRF office for all lost, stolen, changes or expired cards at (262) 524-3737.
Payment CANNOT be made to the school office or to WPRF Cool School Staff.
After careful consideration of the price, daily management and planning of the program, the decision has been made to not pro-rate the program. Children must be registered for the full monthly program and parents/guardians must make staff aware of any days their child(ren) will be absent.
If your child is not registered for the month, prior to the month starting, your child will NOT be allowed to attend the program.