Mission & Values
Our mission is to safely protect the lives and property of our community.
Values and Ethics Statement
We place a high value in treating people with dignity. We continuously strive to deliver service that is effective, efficient and equitable in all areas of our organization. As part of the Greater Waukesha Community, we strive to provide the highest level of service to contribute to the high quality of life in Waukesha.
Our Department is committed to:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Risk Management
- “We will risk a lot to save lives”
- “We will risk some to save lives that may already be lost, and the property of our citizens”
- “We will risk nothing to save that which is already lost”
- “Wowing” customer service
- Respect for Diversity
- High Performance
- Openness and Teamwork
- Planning for a safer future
- Coordination and Cooperation with all levels of government
The members of our department are the foundation of our commitment to our service to the Community. We value our employees and encourage their participation in decisions. Employees are encouraged to seek training and new experiences to progress personally and professionally. Our goal is to promote the “Golden Rule”; “One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.” We are committed to our Labor/Management process.