Registering to Vote
Eligibility to Vote
To be eligible to vote you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be age 18 or older by Election Day
- Have resided at your current address at least 10 consecutive days before the Election
- Have, if convicted of a felony, completed terms of sentence including probation/parole
- Have not placed a bet or wager on the outcome of the Election
- Have not been adjudicated incompetent to vote (only a judge can make such a ruling)
Proof of Residency (POR)Wisconsin requires 10 days to establish residency at a new address. When registering, you must present Proof of Residence, a document showing your current name at your current address. You cannot register to vote at a post office box. Proof of Residence (POR) may be presented in either a paper or an electronic format (smart phone, tablet, or laptop). Valid forms of POR must include the voter's name and current address.
Acceptable Proof of Residence Documents include:
- Utility bill issued within the last 90 days
- Bank or credit card statement
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin identification card
- A government-issued document
- Check issued by a unit of government
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the previous year
- Residential lease effective on the day of registration (Cannot be used if registering to vote by mail).
- College fee statement issued in the last nine months, accompanied by a Student ID card
- Affidavit from a public or private social service agency, on letterhead, identifying an individual who is homeless and indicating where that individual resides.
- Official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin government body or unit
- Identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business, which has a photograph of the cardholder, but not a business card
Register to Vote Online at My Vote WisconsinYou may register to vote at the My Vote Wisconsin website if you have a valid, unexpired Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin ID, and your address on file with the DMV matches the address at which you are registering to vote. If the DMV does not have your current address on file, update your address on the DMV Website before updating your voter registration at My Vote Wisconsin
Register to Vote In person at City Hall
Residents can register to vote at City Hall or online :https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. If you have questions, contact the Clerk's office at 262-524-3550.