Real Estate Tax Payment Methods
COUNTER SERVICE IS LIMITED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC AND CITY HALL CONSTRUCTION! Please use one of the following options:
- Securely Pay Online using a Visa Debit Card with a fee of $3.95 or pay with an eCheck with a fee of $1.50 https://tax.waukeshacounty.gov/. You will be e-mailed a receipt immediately following your payment.
Tax payments can be mailed to City Hall, 201 Delafield Street, Waukesha, WI 53188 or dropped off in our 24/7 secured Drop Box located on the side of the building facing Delafield Street. Payments will be credited the next business day. Payments made in December and January will receive receipts by mail.
Paying at any Waukesha State Bank branch (non-customers are welcomed to utilize this option). Bring along your tax bill and payment stubs. You will be provided with a receipt from the Bank.
Please click this link to be taken to the Waukesha County's Tax Payment portal where you will be able to search by your real estate property address or our tax parcel number which you can find on your tax bill. Once you find and select your property, click on the BILL icon and select the PAYMENT OPTIONS icon at the far left.
You will be emailed a receipt when paying your property taxes online.
Payment options include eCheck, VISA debit card, or VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit card.
If mailing or presenting a mortgage escrow check, the reverse side of the check must be endorsed by any additional parties listed on the Pay To line of the check. (Often, mortgage companies issue checks to be made payable to the City of Waukesha and the homeowner). If the check lists both spouses, both must sign the check.
Waukesha State Bank
For your convenience, tax payments can be made in person at any Waukesha State Bank branch (including drive-through service with exact payment).
- In most cases, the bank can provide immediate change up to $500 for escrow check overages. Over payments made at City Hall will be refunded by mail.
- Customers paying at the bank must present the payment stub from the tax bill.
- You do not need to have an account with the bank to make your tax payment.
- Make check payable to the City Of Waukesha.
City Hall Depository
Payments deposited in the City's depository (located outside on the lower level next to mailbox) will be processed the next business day. Please enclose payment stub with payment. A receipt will be mailed if you check on your stub that you would like a receipt.
City Hall is currently closed to the public due to COVID-19. Tax payments should be made using one of the options above: online, mail, Waukesha State Bank.