- Request an Absentee Ballot
- Register to Vote
- Track your Absentee Ballot
- View a Sample Ballot
- Find my Polling Place
Absentee ballots may be returned:
- Via mail (postage is already printed on the envelope provided)
- In the 24/7 secure drop box located outside the lower level of City Hall (prior to Election Day)
- Drive through Ballot Drop-Off Event at City Hall on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday October 28 - October 30 at City Hall from 7am-7pm.
If you still have your ballot on Election Day, it may be returned in person to your polling location by 8pm on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3rd.
In Person Absentee Voting (often referred to as Early Voting):
In-Person Absentee Voting (often referred to as Early Voting) will take place at City Hall (201 Delafield Street). There is no In-Person Absentee voting at the Municipal Garage.
Hours will be:
- Tuesday, October 20 through Friday, October 23, from 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Monday, October 26 through Thursday, October 29, from 8:00am-4:30pm.
- Friday, October 30, from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Due to social distancing, even if you vote absentee in person prior to Election Day, you may still need to wait in a line. Voters may need to wait outside in inclement weather to ensure social distancing protocol is being followed. In addition, all those using in-person absentee voting are encouraged to wear a mask and bring their own black ball point pen.
Welcome to the Clerk-Treasurer's WebpageThe Clerk-Treasurer's Office strives to deliver the best possible service to the residents, Common Council, and to the staff of the City of Waukesha, while carrying out the duties and responsibilities required by Wisconsin State Statues, City Ordinances and Common Council Resolutions.
The main responsibilities of the Clerk-Treasurer's Department include the following:
- Administers elections for the City of Waukesha & maintains the WisVote database
- Administers Oath of Office for a variety of appointments
- Collects real estate/personal property taxes and payments for City invoices
- Issues a variety of municipal licenses and permits
- Keeps record of proceedings at Board of Review Hearings
- Maintains City Code Book & publishes ordinances, resolutions & public hearing notices
- Performs all other duties required by law, ordinance or lawful direction of the City Council, and comply with policies of the City of Waukesha
- Prepares minutes for the Common Council and Ordinance and License Committee
- Prepares tax bills for property and business owners
- Processes and routes City Claims and special assessment letters
|No. 2020-1||An Ordinance Repealing Section 31.16 of the Waukesha Municipal
Code, Regarding Baby Stroller Usage on Metro Transit Buses
|No. 2020-2||An Ordinance Amending Subsection (2)(b)(i), Repealing Subsection (2)(b)(iii) and Renumbering Subsections (2)(b)(iii) through (xix) of Section 25.08 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Construction and Effect of Ordinances.|
|No. 2020-3||An Ordinance Creating Section 11.45 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Violations of State Department of Health Services Emergency Order #12|
|No. 2020-4||An Ordinance Creating Section 16.072 of the Building Code of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Temporary Modification of Code Compliance Inspection Procedures and Deadlines for Landscaping Completion|
|No. 2020-5||An Ordinance Creating Section 1.07 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Designation of Polling Place for the April 7, 2020 Election|
|No. 2020-6||An Ordinance Creating Section 31.081 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding the Suspension of Fare Requirements on Waukesha Metro Transit Buses during the COVID-19 Outbreak.|
|No. 2020-7||An Ordinance Amending Section Section 8.115 of the Waukesha Municipal Code, Regarding Special Events in Parks|
|No. 2020-9||An Ordinance Repealing Section 11.45 of the Waukesha Municipal Code|
Clerk-Treasurer Permit Calendar
Includes approved block parties, special events, street closings, parades, special class b, and extension of premises permits. Permits are only put on this calendar after they have been approved and issued.
*To view special event applications submitted to the Clerk-Treasurer's office,
please click here.