St. Luke’s Lutheran Church was built in 1966 by Cooley & Borre in a Contemporary Style. St. Luke’s first red brick Lutheran church was built in 1927 after its founding on August 31, 1921. The church features 36 bas-relief stone carvings of the patriarchs, prophets, and apostles in the entrance, 22 panes of stained glass depict the Life of Christ in the main church and a 22-foot bronze cross. Twelve carved wooden statues of the apostles and thirteen windows depicting the life of Martin Luther are in the chapel along with wooden pews, altar, and pulpit as features from the 1927 church.
Guided tours will give guests the opportunity to visit the special features of the church including the Child Life Ministries program (lower level) that is celebrating 25 years of service to the Waukesha community.
This location is kid-friendly.
Photography and Filming Permissions:
During this event, photography and filming are allowed.