The first fire station was built in June 1869 at 930 South Street (near the Masonic Lodge). The second station was built and completed in November 1884 at 930 Clinton Street (area of the current Clock Tower near the intersections of Bank Street, Madison Street and Clinton Street). The third station was dedicated in September 1956 at 130 W. St Paul Avenue (where the current station #1 parking lot is) and the fourth station was dedicated in October 2007 and is located at 130 W. St. Paul Avenue (where the old station's parking lot used to be).
During Waukesha Unlocked, visitors will have the opportunity to learn about the history of the department as well as participate in a couple fire safety offerings including the Kid’s Fire Safety House tour (every 30 minutes), a coloring activity for young guests and hands-only CPR instruction. This event coincides with Fire Prevention Week, which is October 3-9, 2021
This location is kid-friendly.
Photography and Filming Permissions:
During this event, photography and filming are allowed.