"The Moving Wall"
Noon, May 27 through 6:00 am, June 1
"The Moving Wall" is scheduled to visit the City of Waukesha May 27 through 6:00 am June 1, 2021. "The Moving Wall" is a half-sized replica of the Washington DC Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
An Opening Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 27 at 6:00 pm. During the ceremony, the names of our Brothers lost from the City of Waukesha will be read aloud. Family members of the Waukesha Servicemen will be recognized if they choose so. Please see more information below.
- Reflections of Vietnam
Display from the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 351 will be open for viewing in the Rotary Building, 1150 Baxter St. This educational display includes artifacts from the Vietnam War and is open during the following days and times:
- Sunday, May 30, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 31, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Quilts of Valor will be on site to present quilts to Veterans. Please register to receive your quilt at https://www.qovf.org/nominations-awards/nominate_qov_tbw_info/?fbclid=IwAR3AmuyjRkVhrsSjnM1Mo9mVLIY7EweDqMgYbwEIgWwDsnL0stAcoqIgjm0#faq
- Visit the Field of Honor and take in the gorgeous scene of red, white, and blue and read about the honorees for each flag.
Know before you go:
- “The Moving Wall” Exhibit and The Field of Honor will be open for viewing 24 hours each day during the visit.
- Please be respectful during your visit:
- Silence your cell phones
- No eating or drinking in “The Moving Wall” area
- No pets please
- Counseling services from the Milwaukee VA Medical Center will be on site to assist as needed
- Volunteers will be on site to assist with locating names on “The Moving Wall”
- Opening Ceremony is Thursday, May 27th at 6:00 pm at the Amphitheater in Frame Park. Seating is limited and “The Moving Wall” will not be accessible from 6:00 to 7:00 pm during the Opening Ceremony.
- Parking is available at the following locations:
- Frame Park Drive
- Rotary/Schuetze Building parking lot, 1120 Baxter St.
- Handicap accessible parking is in the Rotary/Schuetze parking lot
- Schuetze Building, south parking lot
- Street parking
- A free parking shuttle, courtesy of First Student, will operate from the Waukesha County Courthouse, 515 West Moreland Blvd. to Frame Park and from the Waukesha Transit Center, 212 E. St. Paul, to Frame Park during the following hours:
- Thursday, May 27, 5:00 to 8:30 pm
- Friday, May 28, 5:00 to 9:30 pm
- Saturday, May 29, Noon to 5:00 pm
- Sunday, May 30, Noon to 5:00 pm
- Monday, May 31, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- One wheelchair bus will be available at the Waukesha County Courthouse lot and on demand at “The Moving Wall” drop off area
- Shuttle drop off area located at the corner of Baxter St. and Whiterock Ave.
- The names of the men from Waukesha County communities will be read aloud each evening at 9:00 pm and TAPS will be played according to the following schedule:
Friday, May 28, 9:00 pm
- Big Bend
- Elm Grove
Saturday, May 29, 9:00 pm
- Menomonee Falls
- New Berlin
Sunday, May 30, 9:00 pm
- North Prairie
- Closing Ceremony and Memorial Day Observation, Monday, May 31
- 10:00 am, River Service – Frame Park
- 11:00 am, Memorial Day Observance and Closing Ceremony
Family and Descendants Recognition at Opening Ceremonies
The City of Waukesha in partnership with the Waukesha County Historical Society & Museum is seeking contact information for family members of area service men to be recognized at the May 27th Opening Ceremony.
Submit information if you are the surviving family member of a Service member from Waukesha whose name is listed on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. We will honor and respect the wishes of family members as specified in this form. Participation is optional.
How Can I Support The Moving Wall?
Become a Sponsor or Donor
Open sponsorship brochure here!
Purchase a flag for the Field of Honor®
- Honor a loved one! Flags will be proudly displayed in the Field of Honor® during the visit of the nationally-traveling exhibit, “The Moving Wall”. Hundreds of U.S. flags will fly atop 7½ foot tall flagpoles creating a gorgeous scene of red, white & blue in Frame Park. The display will be open for public viewing 24 hours a day during the event. Your flag will be tagged with a personalized message recognizing your honoree.
- Consider purchasing a flag to honor:
- Active duty Military
- Fallen Servicemen & Women
- First Responders
- Heroes in your life
Dedicate your flag for $50
Scan this QR Code
- Visit www.healingfield.org/event/waukesha21
- To order by phone, call 866-375-3524
- See more information in this Field of Honor Brochure
Purchase a Limited-Edition T-shirt -$20
T-Shirts are now available atWaukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry office
1900 Aviation Dr., Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Only 200 shirts are available
Consider volunteering for this worthwhile program. Various times and dates are available. For more information, contact April Dethloff or click here to sign up!