This project will include installation of a new sanitary interceptor sewer from the intersection of Greenmeadow Dr. and Michigan Ave. to the intersection of College Ave. and Sentry Dr. in 2018 and 2019. This sewer will allow the elimination of the Greenmeadow and Woodfield pump stations.
This week’s work:
• Completed cleanup of Lowell Park shaft area. Final restoration of the turf area will be in spring 2020.
• Completed sanitary sewer construction on Michigan Ave at Western Ave heading to the west towards Greenmeadow Dr and the stretch along Greenmeadow Dr. All sanitary flow is now flowing through the new interceptor sewer and the Greenmeadow pump station has been turned off.
• Completed curb and sidewalk removals and replacements on Joellen Dr between Luis Ct and Dopp St and at Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection
• Completed (Friday) milling and grading of Joellen Dr between Luis Ct and Dopp St
• On Saturday 12/7 will pave Joellen Dr between Luis Ct and Dopp St and at Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection. Final surface course on Joellen Dr will be placed in spring 2020.
Next week’s work:
• Grade and place temporary pavement on Michigan Ave between Western Ave and Greenmeadow Dr. Final pavement restoration will be in spring 2020.
• Begin removals/abandonment of old force main
• Begin demolition of Greenmeadow pump station (contingent on We Energies schedule)
Streets with restricted access for the next week:
Streets that will have No Access for the next week:
Michigan Ave between Western Ave and Greenmeadow is closed to through traffic
Access to homes for emergency vehicles and residents will continue to be maintained in the closed sections
The contractor will utilize Saturday 12/7 for work.
Jonathan Schapekahm, P.E., Project Manager City of Waukesha Engineering Division 262-524-3584 email@example.com