Greenmeadow Sanitary Interceptor Project
Project Update: November 30 , 2018
This project will include installation of a new sanitary interceptor sewer from the intersection of Greenmeadow Dr. and Michigan Ave. to the intersection of College Ave. and Sentry Dr. in 2018 and 2019. This sewer will allow the elimination of the Greenmeadow and Woodfield pump stations.
This week’s work:
• Completed open cut sewer work through Lowell Park. Started pulling dewatering wells and leveling out excavation area.
• Completed guide wall construction at Lowell Park shaft. Began drilling and installation of piles.
• Began excavation down to bedrock at Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft
• Continued horizontal directional drilling work from the City Garage on Sentry Dr and under the Fox River
Next week’s work:
• Continue to demobilize and level off area in Lowell Park
• Continue pile installation at Lowell Park shaft
• Complete excavation down to bedrock at Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft.
• Begin rock removal down in the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft later in week. Rock removal will include blasting about 30 feet below the ground surface and those nearby will experience a low rumble up to twice daily when a blast is set off. Earlier, residents in close proximity were contacted by the contractor so a property assessment could be performed of structures on their property.
• Continue horizontal directional drilling work from the City Garage on Sentry Dr and under the Fox River
• Set up traffic control and begin construction of manhole in Sentry Dr just north of Philip Dr
Streets with restricted access for the next week:
• Eastbound traffic on W St Paul Ave between Harris Highland Dr and S Moreland Blvd is shifted over slightly to accommodate the work near GE Power and Water. At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
• Because of shaft construction at the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection, traffic on Madison St at Joellen Dr will be shifted over toward the north side of Madison St. At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
Streets that will have No Access:
• Joellen Dr at Madison St is closed.
• Beginning on Tuesday, December 4, Sentry Dr will be closed just north of Philip Dr. The detour route will follow S. Prairie Ave and Philip Dr. See the attached sheet.
The Greenmeadow and Woodfield pump stations will be removed and a new gravity sanitary interceptor sewer will be installed. The sewer will be installed by both open cut and tunnel construction. See the route map for the sewer routing and locations of the open cut and tunnel construction stretches. Construction to begin Tuesday September 4, 2018.
A letter was sent on July 12 to Residents in the area explaining Utility Relocations.
Construction Plans.pdf (downloadable)
Comments and/or questions may be directed to:
Jonathan Schapekahm, P.E., Project Manager
City of Waukesha Engineering Division