Greenmeadow Sanitary Interceptor Project
Blast Update Sept 6 2019
Construction Update - Sep 6, 2019
This week’s work:
• Continued process of removing tunnel boring machine from tunnel
• Continued sanitary interceptor sewer installation on Dopp St along with sanitary and water lateral work
• Second underground crew on Joellen Dr continuing north from Stewart Hill Dr towards American Ave
• Finished concrete restoration work (curb, driveway approaches, sidewalk) on southbound S Moreland Blvd from W St Paul Ave to Dopp St
Next week’s work:
• Finish process of removing tunnel boring machine from tunnel
• Finish sanitary interceptor sewer installation on Dopp St and begin sewer installation heading to the north on Joellen Dr
• Continue second underground crew on Joellen Dr at Stewart Hill Dr and continuing north towards American Ave. Rock blasting operations may also occur at this location daily. Those nearby may notice a low rumble when a blast is set off.
• Begin installing 36” diameter sewer in tunnel running from Madison St/Joellen Dr shaft to Lowell Park shaft
• Adjust manhole castings and prep work for roadway restoration work on southbound S Moreland Blvd from W St Paul Ave to Dopp St
Streets with restricted access for the next week:
- Because of shaft construction at the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection, traffic on Madison St at Joellen Dr will be shifted over toward the north side of Madison St. At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
- North and southbound lanes of S Moreland Blvd between Dopp St and American Ave will have traffic shifted to the outside section of the pavement. At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
Streets that will have No Access:
- Joellen Dr at Madison St is closed
- Joellen Dr between American Ave and Luis Ct is closed to through traffic. Barricades will be staggered to allow for local and emergency traffic access from the north.
- Southbound lane of S Moreland Blvd between Dopp St and W St Paul Ave will be closed and all through traffic will be directed to the northbound lanes which will be set up to carry both southbound and northbound traffic. Access to homes for emergency vehicles and residents will continue to be maintained in the closed section.
- Dopp St between Joellen Dr and S Moreland Blvd will be closed to through traffic. Access to homes for emergency vehicles and residents will continue to be maintained in the closed section.
- Joellen Dr will be closed to through traffic between Dopp St and American Ave. Access to homes for emergency vehicles and residents will continue to be maintained in the closed section.
To keep the project on schedule, the contractor will utilize Saturday for work. Permitted construction work hours are M-F 7am-7pm, Sat. 9am-5pm.
Jonathan Schapekahm, P.E., Project Manager
City of Waukesha Engineering Division