Greenmeadow Sanitary Interceptor Project
Construction Update – 2/20/2019
The contractor has begun to move some equipment from the shaft at the intersection of Madison St & Joellen Dr to the shaft just north of the intersection of Joellen Dr & American Ave. As such Joellen is now closed to through traffic between American Ave and Luis Ct. Access to driveways in the closed stretch of Joellen Dr will continue to be maintained from the north.
This project will include installation of a new sanitary interceptor sewer from the intersection of Greenmeadow Dr. and Michigan Ave. to the intersection of College Ave. and Sentry Dr. in 2018 and 2019. This sewer will allow the elimination of the Greenmeadow and Woodfield pump stations.
This week’s work:
• Continued rock removal down in the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft. Another blast was set off on Wednesday.
• Began excavation work on shaft located in Joellen Dr just north of Joellen Dr/American Ave intersection. Bedrock was reached and rock chipping began.
Next week’s work:
• Continue rock removal down in the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft. Contractor to determine if any future blasts are necessary in this shaft.
• Begin to move in and set up tunneling machine equipment at the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection shaft
• Continue excavation work on shaft located in Joellen Dr just north of Joellen Dr/American Ave intersection
Streets with restricted access for the next week:
• Because of shaft construction at the Madison St/Joellen Dr intersection, traffic on Madison St at Joellen Dr will be shifted over toward the north side of Madison St. At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
• Eastbound traffic on W St Paul Ave between Harris Highland Dr and S Moreland Blvd may be shifted over slightly to accommodate the work near Innio (formerly GE Power and Water). At least one lane in each direction will be maintained.
• Joellen Dr between American Ave and Luis Ct will be signed as closed to through traffic. Barricades will be staggered to allow for local and emergency traffic. One lane of traffic is open.
Streets that will have No Access:
• Joellen Dr at Madison St is closed
The Greenmeadow and Woodfield pump stations will be removed and a new gravity sanitary interceptor sewer will be installed. The sewer will be installed by both open cut and tunnel construction. See the route map for the sewer routing and locations of the open cut and tunnel construction stretches. Construction to begin Tuesday September 4, 2018.
A letter was sent on July 12 to Residents in the area explaining Utility Relocations.
Construction Plans.pdf (downloadable)
Comments and/or questions may be directed to:
Jonathan Schapekahm, P.E., Project Manager
City of Waukesha Engineering Division